Over the last couple of weeks, Newt Gingrich has surged to the top of the polls in nearly every state. So even for the most adamant of the Anti-Newt sector of the Republican Party we must ask ourselves ‘Why Newt?’. I have three reasons as to why all of us should listen to Newt Gingrich.
Newt will eventually say something we like.
- Newt has for many years claimed to be a member of the Rockefeller sect of the GOP. This is how he broke into the GOP and came to power. This was during the Nixon/Ford years of the GOP. Then Gingrich became a member of the Reagan sect of the GOP during the popular years of the 80′s-90′s. Then he became apart of the Teddy Roosevelt part of the GOP during the GWB Presidency. NOW he claims to be a Reagan Republican AND a Teddy Roosevelt sects of the GOP. This simply depends on where the he is talking. So whether you are with the Reagan part or the Teddy part he is part of you.
- Newt believes in the Al Gore philosophy of climate change. That is unless you want him to believe in NO climate change. Then he will say he never believed in Cap and Trade unless you wanted him to back in 2009.
- Newt LOVES a Federally Sanctioned Individual Mandate(1993, 2003, 2007,2008,2011). Unless he is trying to get your vote and you don’t like it, so he is against it(2011).
Newt will use demagoguery just like the liberals do. NO really I mean EXACTLY like the liberals.
- On Paul Ryan- “I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering…I’m against Obamacare, which is imposing radical change, and I would be against a conservative imposing radical change.”
- Or how about on Mitt Romney’s career- “I would just say that if Gov. Romney would like to give back all of the money he’s earned from bankrupting companies and laying off employees over his years at Bain, that I would be glad to listen to him. I’ll bet you $10, not $10,000, that he won’t take the offer”(These are THE SAME arguments that Debbie Downer and the other idiots at the DNC use to attack Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney.)
- Well maybe to himself
- Definitely not to his wife(as seen by his multiple marriages)
- Definitely not to his God(as seen by his multiple conversions)
- Definitely not to his beliefs(as seen by his constant flip-flops)
- BUT never fear. As a ‘historian’ he will be faithful to the other ‘K Streeters’ to get them access as the utmost DC ‘Insider’ out there.